What we do — capabilities
Working with our partner, Radar Solutions International, Inc. we utilize a suite of NDT methods including ground penetrating radar, electromagnetic induction (EMI), and EM-61 to locate subsurface utilities. Our capabilities include:
• locating and marking-out utilities and rebar onsite
• detecting other embedded objects, i.e. storage tanks, manhole covers, concrete structures
• identifying the depth of utilities
• reconciling NDT findings with existing as-builts
We reference the NDT data using both a survey grid and high-precision, differentially-corrected GPS coordinates.
What you get — deliverables
In addition to onsite mark-outs, we can process the NDT data to provide the following:
• CADD compatible maps, which include both the type and depth of utilities
• geospatially referenced results allowing integration into ArcGIS
• a Site Investigation Report describing methods used, summarizing key findings, and including the resulting maps.
What we’ve done — applications
Multiple Liquid Natural Gas facilities
Infrasense has located and mapped numerous utility lines throughout multiple properties in order to update records and plan future construction projects that would require excavation. We used GPR, EM-61, and EMI to detect various types of utilities. Learn more…
Colleges and universities in support of rehabilitation projects
Infrasense has provided rebar and utility detection services to multiple universities to support various rehabilitation projects. Projects included the use of handheld GPR to locate floor slab rebar where HVAC pipes were being installed, and the use of Infrared visualization to locate embedded radiant floor heating pipes.
As-built surveys of bridges, buildings, and other structures where drawings aren’t available.
Infrasense has determined various dimensions, thicknesses, and estimated material strengths for many older structures without existing plans. We use NDT technologies such as GPR or ultrasonic tests to measure buried or submerged elements, providing useful information that would otherwise be difficult to obtain.